Rocky Mountain Ham Radio, New Mexico is pleased to announce the 2017 New Mexico TechFest, an ARRL-sanctioned operating specialty event, on Saturday February 25, 2017 at the New Mexico Veterans’ Memorial Event Center located at 1100 Louisiana Blvd SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108.
Join fellow amateur radio operators from around the Land of Enchantment for a day of quality presentations, demonstrations, and instruction provided by some of New Mexico’s most experienced technical hams on a variety of emerging and relevant technical topics within amateur radio today. The New Mexico TechFest is designed to provide a unique opportunity for all hams interested in the technical aspects of our hobby to advance and expand their technical knowledge and to facilitate technical discussion, collaboration, and ideas with one another.
Ham-specific and presentation-related prizes will be drawn throughout the TechFest event. Refreshments including coffee, water, and light snacks will be available.
Additionally, a limited number of tables with AC power will be provided for attendees to set up and conduct informal ham-related technology/project demonstrations and technical posterboard presentations between the formal presentations, during lunch, and at the conclusion of the event. Due to space limitations, attendees interested in providing a demonstration or posterboard presentation should submit details to TechFest organizers for review and consideration. Sales and promotions not permitted.
Please mark your calendars, spread the word, and join us for TechFest 2017!
Preliminary schedule; to be finalized after final selection of technical presentations submitted by hams across New Mexico.
- 8:15-8:50am: Pre-registered attendee check-in, meet and greet
- 8:50-9:00am: TechFest kickoff and welcoming comments
- 9:00-9:50am: Technical presentation #1
- 10:00-10:50am: Technical presentation #2
- 11:00-11:50am: Technical presentation #3
- 11:50-12:50pm: Technical demonstrations and Lunch (bring your sack lunch or dine out; a list of nearby restaurants will be provided)
- 1:00-2:30pm: Technical presentation #4
- 2:40-3:30pm: Technical presentation #5
- 3:40-4:30pm: Technical presentation #6
- 4:30-4:50pm: Final prize drawings, closing comments
- 4:50-5:30pm: Final technical demonstrations, cleanup
A printable event flyer is available for posting on ham listserves, within your club’s newsletter, or on your club’s website. Please help us spread the word across the amateur radio community about this unique event.
Call for Presentations and Important Dates
The New Mexico TechFest seeks high quality presenters and presentations on emerging and relevant amateur radio technical topics, techniques, and applications. Hams interested in being a TechFest presenter should submit a summary/abstract of their proposed presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please note the following:
- Call for TechFest presentations: December 1-January 15, 2017
- Deadline to submit summary/abstract of proposed presentation: January 15, 2017
- All submitted presentation proposals reviewed by TechFest committee: January 16-20
- Final TechFest presentation lineup selected, posted on event website: January 22
- Presentations must be 50 minutes in length, including all anticipated discussion and Q&A.
- More than one presentation proposal may be submitted for consideration.
- Sales and promotional presentations will not be accepted.
- Due to space limitations, attendees interested in providing a demonstration or poster board presentation should submit details to TechFest organizers for review and consideration.
For inquiries or to submit your technical presentation abstract, please email us at email@example.com
Register to Attend the New Mexico TechFest
TechFest admission is $10, payable via online registration or cash/check at the door. Pre-registration is required to attend.
»»» Online registration will open soon.
2017 TechFest Prize Donors
Rocky Mountain Ham Radio and the New Mexico TechFest wishes to recognize and thank the following prize donors:
- American Radio Relay League (ARRL)
- Donors for presentation-specific prizes to be announced once presentation lineup is selected